Saturday, May 18, 2013

Beckaham awaaga wapenzi wa kabumbu


emotional David Beckham paid

tribute to his 'special' time with

Paris Saint-Germain after playing

the final game of his career

against Brest on Saturday.

Beckham set up Blaise Matuidi's

goal either side of two stunning

strikes from Zlatan Ibrahimovic

before he was withdrawn in the

second half to a standing ovation

from the Parc des Princes crowd

and a centre-circle embrace from

his team-mates.

The 38-year-old was tearful as he

left the pitch before collecting his

Ligue 1 winners' medal after the

full-time whistle, and he confessed

he could scarcely imagine a more

perfect setting than the French

capital in which to call time on his

glittering career.

"To finish my career here is

special. Paris is the most beautiful

place in the world. I'm sad to go,"

he told reporters after the match.

"I feel a lot of satisfaction and

emotion. Tonight is the end of my

career, for sure. I've done my time

at all the clubs where I've been,

be it Manchester United, Real

Madrid and LA Galaxy.

"Now, we'll see what happens.

After a 22-year career, I'm going to

take a few months off to relax with

my family. I said before that, one

way or another, I would stay in

Paris.

"It's special for me here and I

want to continue to be part of PSG,

one way or another."

Team-mate Mamadou Sakho

described the experience of

playing alongside the former

Manchester United and Real

Madrid star as 'beautiful' and

expressed his admiration for

Beckham's laid-back approach to

all aspects of his life.

"I was lucky to be with him here in

the capital," Sakho told Canal +.

"Is there anything more beautiful?

"It was a very emotional exit,

especially given the scope of his

career. He brought us his joie de

vivre, and above all the simplicity

of life both on and off the pitch.

"A little anecdote, for example: we

organised a barbecue at Sylvain

Armand's house, he was called,

and he came to eat sausages with

us in Sylvain's garden!"f WWW.operasports.com 

Location : Kisinane Rd, Moshi,
Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment